WordFence WordPress Plugin

clasione

Administrator
Staff member
If you run a website which uses WordPress you need to use this plugin.
https://www.wordfence.com/

WordFence is a free plugin which scans your file system and prevents hacking attempts in a multitude of ways. I have been using WordFence on all WordPress websites and it works fantastic.

There is a paid version with more options, but the free versions are still a must-have tool if you run a wordpress site or even a group of wordpress sites. I would suggest using it on all of your WordPress websites.

WordPress Security Scanner
The Wordfence scanner checks core files, themes, and plugins for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects and code injections. It also compares your files with what is in the WordPress.org repository, checking their integrity and reporting any changes to you.

--
Lewis

For me, it has to be Wordfence any day. With over a million downloads, Wordfence is the most popular security plugins out there. The functionality is brilliant. Login security, IP blocking, security scanning, WordPress firewall you name it. It covers all. Sucuri is a decent security plugin as well but if I had an option, like your question, I would choose Wordfence